Friday, January 11, 2013

A Night Out at the Moulin Rouge

Thursday January 10th I spent a good portion of my day walking around the area of the hotel shopping with Jeanette, Grace, Maureen, Amanda and Michael. We found some great stores and made some purchases. I bought a neutral toned satchel which I ended up wearing later that night to the Moulin Rouge. I also bought my mom a small leather coin purse. We then walked back to the hotel and quickly got ready for the Moulin Rouge.

I met up with the rest of our group and our tour guide Corinne in the hotel lobby at 6:30. The Moulin Rouge is a short walk from the hotel we passed by a very long line of people waiting to go in. I guess because we made reservations in advance so we got to skip the wait which was nice. The food all came out shortly one after the other. My appetizer was some kind of fish and shrimp. For dinner I had chicken and pasta. I really enjoyed the sauce for the main course. For dessert I had what seamed to me like chocolate pudding with edible pearls on top. It was my favorite of the three dishes. As for the Moulin Rouge show it self it started a little after nine and finished a little after eleven. I have never seen the Moulin Rouge movie and I had no idea what to expect from the show. All in all it was very entertaining. I liked the rollerblading scene, the 2 men that robbed the bank and the little man in the bag and the comedian act more than the dancing and dancing scenes. I didn't know the Moulin Rouge was so famous until I came to France so if it turns out that this is my first and last time I am glad I can say that I went to the Moulin Rouge.

-Dimitria Maris













No comments:

Post a Comment